About the software
MODO BASS 2 is the expanded edition of IK’s industry-first physically modeled bass virtual instrument, adding 8 new basses, including new fretless and upright options, a new patterns section with tons of new grooves, advanced performance controls and more ways to enter the MODO BASS world.
MODO BASS is still the first and only technology of its kind that models the entire process of playing bass. Unlike traditional sample-based virtual instruments, MODO BASS uses modal synthesis technology to breathe life into your bass tracks.
MODO BASS recreates each string’s response to the action of the “player” on certain areas of the string surface, and the interaction of the string with the fretboard, body and pickups of the bass instrument. Then using IK’s analog modeling expertise, the amp and effects of an electric bass rig is added to the sound chain.
All of this gives MODO BASS the ability to create sound in real time providing you the ever-changing, hyper-realistic bass sound you need. And since it doesn’t use samples, you’ll have more hard-drive space for your music.
The main features of IK Multimedia MODO BASS are:
- The first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument
- Groundbreaking real-time modal synthesis technology — no samples used to create sound
- Recreate virtually every electric, fretless and acoustic bass sound imaginable
- 20 iconic bass models with 2 fretless that span the history of recorded electric bass
- Turn any standard electric bass into a fretless bass using MODO’s new controls
- 2 double-bass models with a dedicated room and mics for creating the perfect sound
- Models the entire act of playing an electric bass – player, instrument, FX & amp
- Ultra-small memory footprint
- Choose playing style—ultra-realistic pluck and new algorithms for pick and slap articulations
- Freely move the playing hand for realistic performance
- Customize string force, fingers used, pick thickness & technique
- Customize string number, scale, tuning, gauge, construction, action, age
- 32 faithfully recreated, interchangeable iconic bass pickups with volume
- Choose active or passive electronics with parametric EQ
- Under-bridge piezo pickup with blend
- 7 bass stomp box effects configurable in 4-slot chain
- 2 iconic bass amps – Solid State and Tube derived from AmpliTube
- FX and amp global bypass for routing
- Completely redesigned Patterns section with intuitive controls and new grooves
- Optimized resizable interface
- Works as a 64-bit plug-in or standalone instrument for Mac/PC
- Full MIDI control with MIDI learn, keyswitches
IK Multimedia MODO BASS v2.0.2 System Requirements
- Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo or Apple M1, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), macOS 10.13 or later.
Runs natively on Apple’s M1 processors.
- Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): Audio Units, VST 2, VST 3, AAX.
- Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), Windows® 10 or later. Requires an ASIO-compatible sound card.
- Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): VST 2, VST 3, AAX.
How to Download and Install IK Multimedia MODO BASS v2.0.2
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract it, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run the “Setup MODO BASS 2 v2.0.2.exe” and install the software
- Open R2R folder and run IK_Multimedia_Keygen.exe. Use the key generated when asked in your setup.
- You now have the full version of IK Multimedia MODO BASS v2.0.2 installed on your PC.