About the software
HxD is a carefully designed and fast hex editor which, additionally to raw disk editing and modifying of main memory (RAM), handles files of any size.
The easy to use interface offers features such as searching and replacing, exporting, checksums/digests, insertion of byte patterns, a file shredder, concatenation or splitting of files, statistics and much more.
Editing works like in a text editor with a focus on a simple and task-oriented operation, as such functions were streamlined to hide differences that are purely technical.
For example, drives and memory are presented similar to a file and are shown as a whole, in contrast to a sector/region-limited view that cuts off data which potentially belongs together. Drives and memory can be edited the same way as a regular file including support for undo. In addition memory-sections define a foldable region and inaccessible sections are hidden by default.
Furthermore a lot of effort was put into making operations fast and efficient, instead of forcing you to use specialized functions for technical reasons or arbitrarily limiting file sizes. This includes a responsive interface and progress indicators for lengthy operations.
The main features of HxD are:
- Available as a portable and installable edition
- To edit the main memory
- Memory sections are tagged with data-folds
- Disk-Editor (Hard disks, floppy disks, ZIP-disks, USB flash drives, CDs, …)
- RAW reading and writing of disks and drives
- for Win9x, WinNT and higher
- Instant opening regardless of file-size
- Up to 8EB; opening and editing is very fast
- Liberal but safe file sharing with other programs
- Flexible and fast searching/replacing for several data types
- Data types: text (including Unicode), hex-values, integers and floats
- Search direction: Forward, Backwards, All (starting from the beginning)
HxD v18.104.22.168 System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows XP, 2003, Vista, 7, 8 or 10
How to Download and Install HxD v22.214.171.124
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run HxDSetup.exe and install the software.
- You now have the full version of HxD v126.96.36.199 installed on your PC.