About the software
While having deleted files back in a few seconds is nice, it’s not always possible. Files located on formatted, inaccessible, corrupted or badly damaged disks just don’t come as easy. For tough scenarios, Starus File Recovery features a comprehensive “slow” mode, performing a complete scan of the entire disk surface in order to locate and recover every little bit of usable information. But don’t you worry, the “slow” mode works completely automatically and does not require anything but a bit of your patience. In its “slow” mode, Starus File Recovery can successfully restore information from deleted partitions, corrupted and repartitioned disks.
The main features of Starus File Recovery are:
- Look and Feel of Windows Explorer: Starus File Recovery looks and feels just like Windows Explorer. Anyone familiar with how Windows handles files and folders will feel immediately at home with Starus File Recovery. Imagine browsing your disk in a familiar way and seeing all the deleted files and folders in real time.
- Pre-Recovery Preview: A fully visual pre-recovery preview is supported for hundreds of file formats. All popular image formats, music, most types of videos, office documents, spreadsheets and presentations, ZIP and RAR archives, emails and attachments can be previewed before undeleting.
- Professional Features: Some features included in Starus File Recovery can interest professional computer users and data recovery specialists. The ability to create a full snapshot of a disk being recovered and committing any changes onto that virtual disk image is the way the professionals work. Saving files onto a CD/DVD disc or sending them over an FTP connection comes handy when recovering lots of information.
- System Compatibility: Starus File Recovery works in all versions of Windows up to the latest Windows 7 and Windows 2008 Server, and supports all Windows file systems including FAT, FAT32, NTFS, and NTFS5. The latest version can recover files compressed with corresponding NTFS attributes.
Starus File Recovery System Requirements
- Starus Data Restore Pack supports all versions of Windows from Windows 95 to Vista, Windows 7, and 2008 Server.
- All Windows file systems are supported including FAT, FAT32, NTFS, and NTFS5, including NTFS-compressed files.
How to Download and Install Starus File Recovery
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run starus_file_recovery.exe and install the software
- If your computer runs an (x64) 64-bit operating system, Copy Starus File Recovery.exe from the fix (x64) folder into your installation directory, and replace the previous file
- If your computer runs an (x86) 32-bit operating system, Copy Starus File Recovery.exe from the fix (x86) folder into your installation directory, and replace the previous file
- You now have the full version of Starus File Recovery v6.2 installed on your PC.