About the software
PowerShell is a cross-platform task automation solution made up of a command-line shell, a scripting language, and a configuration management framework. PowerShell runs on Windows, Linux, and macOS.
PowerShell is commonly used for automating the management of systems. It is also used to build, test, and deploy solutions, often in CI/CD environments. PowerShell is built on the .NET Common Language Runtime (CLR). All inputs and outputs are .NET objects. No need to parse text output to extract information from the output.
The main features of Windows PowerShell are:
- Extensible through functions, classes, scripts, and modules
- Extensible formatting system for easy output
- An extensible type system for creating dynamic types
- Built-in support for common data formats like CSV, JSON, and XML
Windows PowerShell v7.2.6 System Requirements
- Windows 7 and later, Windows Server 2008 R2 and later
- macOS 10.12 and later
- Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04, 18.04, and 20.04
How to Download and Install Windows PowerShell v7.2.6
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract it, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run the “PowerShell-7.2.6-win-x64.msi” and install the software
- You now have the full version of Windows PowerShell v7.2.6 (x64) installed on your PC.