About the software
Wallpaper Engine enables you to use live wallpapers on your Windows desktop. Various types of animated wallpapers are supported, including 3D and 2D animations, websites, videos and even certain applications. Choose an existing wallpaper or create your own and share it on Steam Workshop!
- Bring your desktop alive with realtime graphics, videos, applications or websites.
- Personalize animated wallpapers with your favorite colors.
- Use interactive wallpapers that can be controlled with your mouse.
- Many aspect ratios and native resolutions supported including 16:9, 21:9, 16:10, 4:3.
- Multi monitor environments are supported.
- Wallpapers will pause while playing games to save performance.
- Create your own animated wallpapers in the Wallpaper Engine Editor.
- Animate new live wallpapers from basic images or import HTML or video files for the wallpaper.
- Steam Workshop to share and download wallpapers.
- Wallpaper Engine can be used at the same time as any other Steam game or application.
- Supported video formats: mp4, WebM, avi, m4v, mov, wmv (for local files, Workshop only allows mp4).
- Support for Corsair iCUE.
Wallpaper Engine System Requirements
- OS: Windows 7 (with Aero), 8.1, 10
- Processor: 1.66 GHz Intel i5 or equivalent
- Memory: 1024 MB RAM
- Graphics: HD Graphics 4000 or above
- DirectX: Version 10
- Storage: 512 MB available space
- Additional Notes: Windows N versions require the ‘Media Feature Pack’ from Microsoft. Aero must be enabled on Windows 7. High contrast mode is not supported. Max video res. Windows 8, 10: 4K, Windows 7: 1080p
How to Download and Install Wallpaper Engine
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Open the “Software Files” folder and then the “Wallpaper Engine” folder
- Run “wallpaper32.exe” or “wallpaper64.exe” depending on if you have a 32-bit or 64-bit system
- You now have the full version of Wallpaper Engine, without any limitations, installed on your computer.
- Optional: Open the “WORKSHOP PACK” folder for additional free wallpapers (you will have to extract the files first)
This download is for Wallpaper Engine v1.0.98 + Steam Workshop Pack