About the software
Backbone is your new, innovative drum designer for single kicks, snares, hi-hats, percussion, rises, hits and more. Layer up to eight samples and shape them with classic subtractive synthesis, decompose samples into tonal and noise elements, re-synthesize samples to manipulate them in unheard ways and apply up to eight effects with two fully routable buses — all with a slick, extremely fast interface. Backbone takes your drums into a whole new era of sound design — the era of drum re-synthesis!
The main features of Steinberg Backbone are:
- Intuitively design drums with up to eight layers
- Re-synthesize one-shots and loops
- Directly export audio for clip-based music production
- Backbone supports VST 3, AU and AAX
Steinberg Backbone v1.5.0 System Requirements
Operating systems (Windows) Windows 10 (64-bit), Windows 8.1 (64-bit), 64-bit Windows 11 Version 21H2 (or higher) Operating systems (Mac) macOS Mojave, macOS Catalina, macOS Big Sur, macOS Monterey Apple silicon–based Mac Rosetta 2 App, Native App Display resolution minimum at 100% UI scaling 1920 x 1080 Compatible with Cubase 8, Cubase 8.5, Cubase 9, Cubase 10, Cubase 10.5, Cubase 11, Nuendo 7, Nuendo 8, Nuendo 10, Nuendo 11, Cubase 12, Nuendo 12 PlugIn format (Win) VST 3, AAX PlugIn format (Mac) VST 3, AU, AAX Hard disk free space 2 GB Internet connection for license activation, installer download, account sign up and product registration
How to Download and Install Steinberg Backbone v1.5.0
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Right click on the ISO image file and choose mount from the menu. This will open the file much like a DVD. You will see it listed among your drive letters in Windows explorer. Browse to the location of the setup file and double click it to start your installation.
- Run “Backbone.msi” and install the software
- If you have “Steinberg Library Manager (SLM)” installation,
=> Run SLM.
=> Drag & Drop included “Content” folder to SLM GUI.
=> Install all. Done!
- If you dont have SLM, do manual installation.
=> Copy “Content” folder to “%PROGRAMDATA%\Steinberg\”.
- You now have the full version of Steinberg Backbone v1.5.0 installed on your PC.