About the software
Cubase is a digital audio workstation (DAW) developed by Steinberg for music and MIDI recording, arranging and editing. The first version, which was originally only a MIDI sequencer and ran on the Atari ST computer, was released in 1989. Cut-down versions of Cubase are included with almost all Yamaha audio and MIDI hardware, as well as hardware from other manufacturers. These versions can be upgraded to a more advanced version at a discount.
The main Highlights of Steinberg Cubase Elements are:
- In the basic channel strip version, just like in the advanced version, you can assign modules directly to the specific channel. However, the basic version does not offer the full effects palette. Cubase AI and LE users have an even more streamlined version of the Channel Strip. The full range offered by the advanced channel strip can be found in Cubase Pro and Cubase Artist.
- This inspiring tool helps you compose music quickly and creatively. It is very easy to get “stuck” when writing chord progressions but, with the fast and easy-to-use Chord Pads, fresh inspiration will always be close at hand. Jam with chords and patterns in real time and control multiple parameters to change chords as you go. The chord pads are playable via a MIDI controller and real-time parameters allow you to easily improvise chord performances by changing voicings, tensions and much more while you are letting the music and inspiration carry you along!
- Take any piece of audio and use it to create a Sampler Track. You can then play the sample chromatically and manipulate it with the onboard filters, controls and two LFOs, experimenting to come up with new and innovative ideas. Slicing mode chops up your loops so they’re ready-to-play with just a click while, for the 808 lovers, there’s the mono legato glide!
Steinberg Cubase Elements System Requirements
- 64-bit Windows 10 Version 1909, 64-bit Windows 10 Version 2004, 64-bit Windows 10 Version 20H2, 64-bit Windows 11 Version 21H2
- Minimum CPU: Intel Core i series or AMD Ryzen multi-core
- Minimum RAM: 4 GB
- Free hard disk space : 25 GB
- Graphics: Graphics card with DirectX 10 and WDDM 2.0 support (Windows only)
How to Download and Install Steinberg Cubase Elements
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- (if installed) uninstall eLicenser Control Center
- download & install latest https://download.steinberg.net/downloads/eLicenserControlSetup.exe
- download & install https://download.steinberg.net/downloads_additional_content/Steinberg_Library_Manager/Steinberg_Library_Manager_win.exe
- download & install https://download.steinberg.net/automated_updates/sda_downloads/95312b7a-58c9-4dc0-9200-d58ecc032d9e/Cubase_LE_AI_Elements_11.0.40_Installer_win.exe
- protect the contents of the c:\Program Files (x86)\eLicenser\POS folder from a stupid antivirus
- run “Soft-eLicenser local license generator b24” and generate over 290 licenses (depending on the CPU lasts 5-10 minutes)
- apply Cubase Elements v11.0.40 eXTender.exe *
- (optional) download & install factory content (see linx.txt)
You now have the full version of Steinberg Cubase Elements v11.0.40 installed on your PC.