About the software
Keep in mind, simplewall is not a control UI over Windows Firewall, and does not interact in any level with Windows Firewall. It works over Windows Filtering Platform (WFP) which is a set of API and system services that provide a platform for creating network filtering applications. Windows Filtering Platform is a development technology and not a firewall itself, but simplewall is the tool that uses this technology.
Simplewall delivers the most comprehensive and easy to use content filtering functionality and rules to create a wide range of rules and policies for your network.
Simplewall comes pre-packaged with all widely used networking features including port map, IP alias, DHCP and DNS server.
The main features of SimpleWall are:
- Simple interface without annoying pop ups
- Rules editor (create your own rules)
- Internal blocklist (block Windows spy/telemetry)
- Dropped packets information with notification and logging to a file feature (win7+)
- Allowed packets information with logging to a file feature (win8+)
- Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) support
- Windows Store support
- Windows services support
- Free and open source
- Localization support
- IPv6 support
SimpleWall v3.6.6 System Requirements
- compatible with Windows 7 SP1 and higher operating systems.
- Hardware must be x86 architecture supported.
- 2GB+ RAM (recommended).
- Two Ethernet network interfaces.
- 40GB (minimum) Hard disk drive SATA / PATA.
How to Download and Install SimpleWall v3.6.6
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract it, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run the “simplewall-3.6.6-setup.exe” and install the software
- You now have the full version of SimpleWall v3.6.6 installed on your PC.