About the software
Universal USB Installer (Imager) aka UUI is a Live Linux Bootable USB Creator Software. This ISO to USB imaging tool allows users to easily Boot from USB. Make a flash drive boot from a Live Linux distribution, Windows Installer, or fully Install and Run Windows 10 or 11 from USB using Windows to Go methods. Popular Antivirus Scanners, Disk Cloning software or other System tools can also easily be made to run from the removable media.
The software is as easy as 1,2,3 to use. Simply choose your distribution from the list, browse to the ISO file, select your target flash drive, and then click Create. Once finished, you should have a ready to run Live USB containing the Live Operating System, Windows Installer, or System Diagnostics utility you previously selected.
Unlike tools which simply use the DD (Copy and Convert) command to directly burn an ISO to a USB flash drive, UUI includes several other methods that natively allow you to continue using your removable device for storage purposes, whilst including a “Try via DD” option. The DD method of copying, also known as Data Destroyer works by overwriting the entire file system, making the device appear as a CD/DVD which is limited to the size of the ISO file. However, it may be possible to recover lost drive space and then create an exFAT partition for continued storage purposes.
Another key feature of UUI is the use of persistent storage, where available. This persistence feature allows you to save some changes and then restore them on subsequent boots. Ubuntu based Casper persistence works with FAT32 or NTFS formatted drives. An option to use a larger than 4GB casper-rw or live-rw persistent block file, (also known as an overlay image) is possible when the drive is formatted with an NTFS filesystem.
The main features of Universal USB Installer are:
- More available storage space
- Less wear on the USB device
Universal USB Installer v22.214.171.124a System Requirements
- Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 Operating System or WINE.
- Greater than 2GB *Fat32 or NTFS formatted flash drive. MBR partition table.
- Computer with a BIOS that can boot from USB.
How to Download and Install Universal USB Installer v126.96.36.199a
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run Universal-USB-Installer-188.8.131.52a.exe and install the software.
- You now have the full version of Universal USB Installer v184.108.40.206a installed on your PC.