About the software
Thea for SketchUp allows you to run Interactive Rendering either inside Thea window or directly inside the SketchUp view.
Additionally, with the use of Interactive Region Rendering, you can select and render a region of the SketchUp view, providing ultra-fast feedback for complex scenery.
With the addition of NVIDIA’s and Intel’s artificial intelligence denoisers, it is also possible to make use of denoising while in Interactive Mode.
The advanced Thea material editor has been fully integrated in SketchUp, bringing all the advanced and unique features of Thea materials.
The user interface has been designed, following SketchUp’s simplicity and ease of use.
Adding Thea Models in the scene is a very simple task. Editing them in the viewport is even easier and fun to use. With a click of a button, you get access to all the proxy’s materials and modify them.
Proxy Material Editing has the option to revert back to the default materials.
Proxy creation is a one-click process of automatically converting fbx, dae, 3ds, and other 3d file formats to Thea Models, ready to be inserted to your scene.
Those models can also be saved in the standard Thea Content Browser folders and organize them as you wish.
The main features of Thea For SketchUp are:
- Spectral Renderer
- Batch Render Tool
- Point lights (Omni, Spotlight, IES)
- Access many ready-to-use high quality assets
- Automatic Exposure
- Stereoscopic Rendering
- Out-of-Core Rendering
- SECTION CUTS
- LIGHT EDITING TOOL
- ADVANCED SHADOW CATCHER
- RESUME RENDERING
Thea For SketchUp v3.5.1201 System Requirements
- Windows 8.1 / 10 /11 64-bit, Intel SSE3 CPU (or compatible)
- for Presto GPU
Nvidia CUDA Graphics Card (Compute Capability 3.x / 5.x / 6.x / 7.x / 8.0 / 8.6 ) with latest graphics driver or
- AMD Graphics Card (Beta support for selected GPUs) with the latest OpenCL and graphics drivers.
- Note: for OpenCL rendering, render-on-the-fly displacement is supported only for UV bitmap textures.
- Nvidia OptiX Denoiser
Nvidia 5.0 min compute capability is required for Nvidia OptiX denoising in interactive rendering. Nvidia 3.0 min compute capability card required for Nvidia OptiX denoising in production rendering.
- Intel Open Image Denoiser
Intel SSE4.1 CPU (or compatible) required for Intel Open Image Denoiser.
- SketchUp 2017 – 2022
How to Download and Install Thea For SketchUp v3.5.1201
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run TheaForSketchUp_v3.5.1201.1973.exe and install the software
- Copy Thea4SU_core.so from the Fix folder into your installation directory, and replace the previous file
- You now have the full version of Thea For SketchUp v3.5.1201 (x64) installed on your PC.