About the software
Wikipedia defines a dock as a user interface feature of a number of operating systems that typically provides a user with a way of launching and switching between applications.
The Winstep Nexus Dock is a FREE* professional dock for Windows. With Nexus, your most frequently used applications are only a mouse click away – and Nexus turns working with your computer into a fun and exciting experience.
Nexus Ultimate is an enhanced version of the free-to-use Nexus dock which is available stand-alone or as a component of Winstep Xtreme (a single easy-to-install package featuring all of Winstep’s popular desktop enhancement products for Windows).
The main features of Winstep Nexus are:
- Display running applications on the dock with task grouping, task filtering and icon customization options.
- Display system tray on the dock as single or grouped icons.
- Blur-Behind (7/Vista) and colorization of dock backgrounds.
- Built-in modules/widgets: (e.g. time announcing clock, recycle bin, email checker, weather monitor, CPU,
- Net and RAM Meters and Wanda the swiming ‘fortune cookie’ fish).
- Over 80 special commands such as Sleep, Empty Recycler, CD Control, etc…
- Multiple animated mouse over, launch, attention and delete effects: zoom, swing, bounce and many more!
- Live icon reflections and animated water-like effects.
- Built in support for animated icons.
- Quickly change icons of shortcuts and running programs by dropping PNG and ICO image files directly into the icon.
- Minimize windows to the dock.
- Multi-monitor support.
- High-DPI support.
- Compatible with skins for all 3rd party docks.
- Multiple docks.
- Ability to group shortcuts into an unlimited number of nested sub-docks.
- Instant access to the contents of Folders, Downloads, and more via Grid Stacks.
- Categorize applications into user-defined tabs on Shelves (tabbed docks).
- Increase productivity by displaying folders, the Desktop, My Computer, Control Panel and other virtual system folders on Shelves.
- Reduce clutter by hiding desktop icons and using a Shelf’s Desktop tab instead.
- One click theme switching via the special Themes tab on a Shelf.
- Display icons plus the contents of disk and virtual system folders on Drawers (single-tabbed dock with text below the icons).
- Additional modules/widgets (e.g.; calendar, battery monitor, moon phase).
- Additional mouse-over, launch, attention and delete effects.
- Unlimited number of clock alarms, scheduled tasks and reminders.
- Customize system tray with high resolution icons.
Winstep Nexus v22.7 System Requirements
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10/11
- 32 and 64-bit.
- 500 Mhz processor.
- 256 MB of RAM.
- 60 MB of free hard disk space.
- Screen resolution 800×600 or higher.
How to Download and Install Winstep Nexus v22.7
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run NexusSetup.exe and install the software
- You now have the full version of Winstep Nexus v22.7 installed on your PC.