About the software
Virtual CD-ROM Control Panel (also called Microsoft Virtual CD Control Tool ) is an optical drive emulator for Windows . As part of the PowerToys [en] package, the program was developed for Windows XP . The program works on subsequent and server versions of Windows.
There is no official support online, however it is distributed with a readme file in a self-extracting archive. Supports UDF , CDFS , JO, ISO and ROCK . Only x86 architecture is supported.
Virtual CD-ROM Control Panel System Requirements
a computer running Windows
How to Download and Install Virtual CD-ROM Control Panel v2.0.11
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run VCdControlTool.exe and follow the on-screen instructions.
- After installation, run VCdRom.sys file.
- You now have the full version of Virtual CD-ROM Control Panel, without any limitations, installed on your computer.
Note: this download is for Virtual CD-ROM Control Panel v2.0.11