About the software
A variety of programs are capable of editing, editing and burning ISO files. PowerISO is one of them. Such programs can be useful when working with ISO files due to their flexibility and multiple all-in-one utilities. PowerISO is one of the few such programs that is not free.
What is an ISO file?
An ISO file is a virtual CD or DVD; that is, a representation on the hard disk of data which is initially supposed to be burn onto a disk. These images are commonly used to provide exact replicas of video DVDs (sometimes legally, sometimes not as is the case with ROMs). These images can be easily distributed online and quickly burned by end users, ensuring CDs distributed on the Internet and burned are all exact replicas of each other. There are therefore regularly used to share old software and games which used to be available in CD format. ISO files represent an open standard established by international standardization organizations (ISO – get it?) In 1987.
How is PowerISO unique?
PowerISO is just one of many pieces of software that can create and use ISO files, however it is extremely simple to use. The program can create ISO images using a CD or DVD as a source, burn ISO images to a CD or DVD and even mount an image on the hard drive so that the computer will think the CD is in the drive. This allows you to access files without burning an ISO to a CD disk. PowerISO is only available for the family of Windows operating systems. Linux and Mac users need to look elsewhere for this functionality, even though most of these features are already built into these systems. In fact, even Windows 10 now allows you to mount ISO files without the need for a 3rd-party software such as PowerISO. Where the software really thrives however, is its ability to mount and convert many different ROM file extensions such as .bin and .nrg, which is not that common among similar software.
How much does it cost?
PowerISO is offered for $ 29.95 on the PowerISO website. This price includes free updates for life should you change the software and unlock the limitations included in the demo version of the software. The free demo of PowerISO does not, unlike many other demos, expire after a certain period of use; rather, the PowerISO demo limits the functionality of the program. The demo version can only open and create ISO 300 MB or smaller files. The standard CD size being around 700 MB, it’s pretty obvious why these restrictions could become irrational should a user try to make use of the demo.
PowerISO System Requirements
PowerISO supports the following operating systems:
- Windows98 / Windows Me/ Windows NT 4.0 / Windows 2000 / Windows XP / Windows 2003 / Windows Vista / Window 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10 operating system or above.
- Intel Pentium 166MHz or above.
- 64MB memory.
- At least 128MB hard disk space.
Note: PowerISO is compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit windows.
How to Download and Install PowerISO
- IMPORTANT: Pause your antivirus for this download
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Next step is that you need to know if your computer runs a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system. To do that on Window 10, right click on your start menu and then select “System”. Under “System type” it will say either “32-bit operating system” or “64-bit operating system”.
- Open the “Software Files ” folder. If you have 32-bit system, then run PowerISO7.exe. If you have a 64-bit system, then run PowerISO7-x64.exe
- Follow on-screen instructions to install the software – make sure to uncheck any “offers” or “toolbars” which PowerISO bundles with their installer. You now have the PowerISO trial installed on your computer. Let’s validate it.
- Launch PowerISO. On the menu that pops up, select “Enter registration code …”
- In the “Software Files” folder, launch PowerISO_Keygen. Choose your username and then generate a registration code
- Copy paste the generated details into PowerISO. They will give you a message saying “Thank you for registering”
- You now have the full version of PowerISO, without any limitations, installed on your computer.