About the software
Low-level formatting is a process of disk formatting operation that restores disk drive to its factory defaults. USB drive, USB flash drive, USB pen drive, and USB thumb are easy to use for data transfer, however, the various usages simultaneously lead to multiple issues. For instance, a USB flash pen drive may contain less capacity than its original state for unknown reasons; the flash device might have less capacity after it is cloned as a USB bootable drive from an ISO file. In other cases, the USB drive might lose capacity after it is formatted on yet a different device, such as a smart TV or a wireless router.
In case you experience constant data corruption, virus intrusion, invalid Master Boot Record, hidden partition, corrupted bootable sector, or bad sectors flags in USB storage device firmware/controller, the software can reliably revitalize your malfunctioning USB drive.
USB Low-Level Format is software that performs zero-fills for USB storage devices and simulate the finishing process as done in the factory. USB Low-level Format software clears all flags, all data, and all settings in USB drives. The software analyzes the possible settings for USB drive, figuring out the physical storage capacity, talking to the firmware/controller of your USB drive, and writing a zero byte to its each and every location on the drive. The process of low-level formatting is slow, as the software thoroughly and irreversibly erases all data from USB storage devices followed by restore USB drives to original state to find back the lost capacity and make them back to normal. The software can be used as a USB disk mass production tool to restore USB to factory default settings through low-level formatting, as it supports more than 20 USB drive controller brands, such as Intel, Samsung, Micron, Phison, SMI, Marvell, Toshiba, Silicon Motion, PMC, Sierra, OCZ, JMicron, Maxiotek, Goke, Greenliant, Fusion-io, Realtek, SanDisk, Western Digital, Hyperstone, Novachips, VIA, FADU.
In addition to low-level format capability, the software features more; it allows to create bootable USB drive for Windows installation, create bootable USB drive for MSDOS, FreeDOS, Unix, Linux, WinPE (Windows PE), and WinRE (Windows Recovery Environment). It offers 9 industrial-strength data wipe options that securely wipe data on USB drives. It supports initialization of USB drives of any capacity to popular file systems, such as NTFS, FAT32, FAT, and exFAT.
The main features of USB Low-Level Format are:
- Format USB drives with corrupted partition tables and invalid sector size
- Support new USB flash drives with SanDisk USB storage controllers
- Much faster quick format operation
- Fix a bug in calling FormatEx2() API on Windows 10 64-bit and 32-bit
USB Low-Level Format v5.01 System Requirements
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows 2000
- Windows Server 2022/2019/2016/2012/2008/2003/2000
How to Download and Install USB Low-Level Format v5.01
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run USBLowLevelFormatSetup.exe and install the software.
- Copy usbllfmt.exe from the Crack folder into your installation directory, and replace the previous file.
- You now have the full version of USB Low-Level Format v5.01 installed on your PC.