About the software
The Source Filmmaker (SFM) is the movie-making tool built and used by us here at Valve to make movies inside the Source game engine. Because the SFM uses the same assets as the game, anything that exists in the game can be used in the movie, and vice versa. By utilizing the hardware rendering power of a modern gaming PC, the SFM allows storytellers to work in a what-you-see-is-what-you-get environment so they can iterate in the context of what it will feel like for the final audience.
To get started, just click the button above to install. The SFM includes all the base game assets from Team Fortress 2 along with assets from some of the first “Meet the Team” short films.
The main features of Source Filmmaker are:
- Record yourself performing one part, then rewind and record yourself performing another.
- Publish videos directly to Steam
- Publish videos to YouTube
- Control camera placement and movement
- Add per-object motion blur and depth of field
- Import choreography scenes
- Modify bone placement and facial expressions of characters
Source Filmmaker v0.9.5.10 System Requirements
- OS: Windows 7 / Vista (Windows 7 64 bit suggested)
- Processor: 3.0 GHz P4, Dual Core 2.0 (or higher) or AMD64X2 (or higher)
- Memory: 2GB (4 GB suggested)
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 200 series card or better, or AMD Radeon 3000 series or better (NVIDIA GeForce 400 series or AMD Radeon 5000 series preferred)
- Monitor: 1366 x 768 (1920 x 1080 suggested)
- Hard Drive: At least 15 GB of Space
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible USB headset with mic (suggested)
How to Download and Install Source Filmmaker v0.9.5.10
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- The Source Filmmaker v0.9.5.10 is free to download from Steam.
- You now have the full version of Source Filmmaker v0.9.5.10 installed on your PC.