About the software
Digital recording is now the standard for professional music production, but many engineers and musicians still long for the days of analog recording.
And they do for good reason – Analog Tape Machines have a SOUND.
Big, fat, warm, deep, rich and exciting are just some of the terms used to describe what recording onto a piece of magnetic tape sounds like. To those that know, tape is simply more musical. So we modeled two of the most famous tape machines in audio and provide them both along with options like bias, tape speed, tape type, and more in Virtual Tape Machines.
VTM has been praised by pro engineers for its extreme authenticity, because every aspect of tape is carefully reproduced. This authenticity is due to years of intense study from Slate Digital CTO Fabrice Gabriel. Using VTM on your tracks and mixes will make your mixes warmer, smoother, punchier, and more analog!
VTM emulates both a 16-track 2-inch tape machine and a 1/2 inch stereo mastering deck. Not only that, you can also choose between the two most popular tape formulations. Different formulations have different properties and headroom, and ultimately will give you different sonic results.
The main features of Slate Digital Virtual Tape Machines are:
- Over $5,000 worth of Pro Plugins, including FG-X 2, MetaTune, ANA 2 Ultra Bundle & over 75 more
- Generate studio-standard masters of your mixes with VIRTU Assisted Mastering
- ANA 2 Ultra Bundle synth, including 11 massive sound banks including Monolith
- Pro Demo Sessions in Hip Hop, EDM, ROCK, Metal in all DAW formats
- Easy-to-follow tutorials to get you amazing results, fast
- Learn step-by-step from legendary pros at Slate Academy
- Custom samples: Vintage drum machines, 808s, vocals, and more
- Every new plugin, synth pack, demo session, masterclass, and sample pack are FREE!
Slate Digital Virtual Tape Machines v22.214.171.124 System Requirements
- Windows 10 or 11
- Intel or AMD Processor, 4GB RAM
- VST2, VST3, or AAX 64-bit host
How to Download and Install Slate Digital Virtual Tape Machines v126.96.36.199
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run Setup Virtual Tape Machines v188.8.131.52.exe and install the software.
- You now have the full version of Slate Digital Virtual Tape Machines v184.108.40.206 installed on your PC.