About the software
Tape Pro is a multi-effect audio plugin that has a module for each sound feature of tape. The first of these in the signal chain is the Saturation module containing 6 saturation algorithms with hysteresis, asymmetry and remanence control. The variety of distortion types are a valuable creative tool to shape the exact saturation sound you want.
The Wow module recreates the low speed fluctuations of tape speed, while the Flutter module recreates the high speed fluctuations. The rate of the wow can even be synchronised to your DAW and can be pushed far further than real machines can.
The Noise module uses 12 different looping noise samples to help build texture within any vibe you’re making. From the rolling heads of a tape delay to the subtle hiss of a top of the range mastering tape machine or the low rumble of XXX.
Part of the inspiration for creating Tape Pro came from a tape delay machine sat in the Caelum Audio studio. We wanted the genuine tape delay sound anywhere we went, without having to transport, setup and wire in the hardware unit. Because of this, a huge amount of effort went into getting Tape Pro’s delay module right. The hardware unit is no longer needed, it has been fully replaced by Tape Pro.
The main features of Caelum Audio Tape Pro are:
- Introduce warmth, shaping, modulation, noise and delay to your music.
- Authentically recreate a variety of tape-machines’ characteristics.
- Colour your track with a mastering grade reel to reel or chew it up with a microcassette.
- Dive into strange saturation shapes, erratic wows & flutters and aggressive delay feedback lines.
Caelum Audio Tape Pro v1.2.1 System Requirements
- Requires Windows 7 or higher. VST3 & AAX (AAX is 64-bit only).
- Requires macOS 10.11 or higher (64-bit only). AU, VST3 & AAX. Native Apple Silicon support.
iOS & iPadOS
- Requires iOS 11 or higher. Standalone and AUv3.
How to Download and Install Caelum Audio Tape Pro v1.2.1
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract it, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run the “Setup Tape Pro v1.2.1.exe” and install the software
- Open the R2R folder and run CaelumAudio_KeyGen.exe. Use the key generated when asked in your setup.
- You now have the full version of Caelum Audio Tape Pro v1.2.1 installed on your PC.