This article shows you how to download and install the full version of MyPaint v2.0.1 for free on PC. Follow the direct download link and instructions below for guidance on installing MyPaint v2.0.1 on your computer.
About the software
MyPaint is a simple drawing and painting program that works well with Wacom-style graphics tablets.
MyPaint has a custom procedural brush engine optimized for use with pressure-sensitive graphics tablets. In later MyPaint versions, the engine was broken out into the separately maintained libmypaint library to make it easier to integrate into other applications.
MyPaint’s brush library is available as a Krita plugin, and also GIMP has support for MyPaint brushes by default.
The main features of MyPaint are:
- Infinite canvas
- Extremely configurable brushes
- Distraction-free fullscreen mode
- Extensive graphic tablet support
- Speed, simplicity, and expressiveness
- Realistic paint-like pigment model
- 15 bit Rec 709 linear RGB colorspace
- Brush settings stored with each stroke on the canvas
- Layers, various modes, and layer groups
MyPaint v2.0.1 System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows 11, 10, 8, 7
How to Download and Install MyPaint v2.0.1
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract it, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run the “mypaint-w64-2.0.1-installer.exe” and install the software
- You now have the full version of MyPaint v2.0.1 (x64) installed on your PC.