About the software
Media Player Codec Pack is a simple installer that combines all major codecs, filters, and plug-ins for use in all major media players.
The Media Player Codec Pack is a software package that combines encoder and decoder codecs for video and audio playback in one easy-to-use installer. It differs from others by featuring a diverse performance algorithm and hardware database, matching the best settings based on operating system version and CPU and GPU features.
A codec is a piece of software on either a device or computer capable of decoding or encoding video and audio data from files, streams, and broadcasts. The word Codec is a portmanteau of ‘compressor-decompressor’. Depending on its function, a codec will sometimes be described as a splitter, reader, decoder, encoder, or filter.
The main features of Media Player Codec Pack / Plus are:
- LAV Video decoder 0.76.1 x86 & x64.
- LAV 3D plugin 3.0 x86 & x64.
- ffdshow DirectShow Video Codec 1.3.4533 x86 & x64.
- XviD Video (Encoder) Codec v1.3.7 x86 & x64.
- XviD MTK Video (Encoder) Codec v1.3.2 x86 & x64.
- x264 Video (Encoder) Codec v44.2851 x86 & x64.
- Lagarith Lossless Video (Encoder) Codec v1.3.27 x86 & x64.
- LAV Audio Decoder 0.76.1 x86 & x64.
- Sony DSD Decoder 1.0 x86.
- Lame MP3 ACM Codec 3.99.5 x86.
- AAC ACM Codec 1.9 x86.
- DivX Audio Decoder 4.1 x86.
- DSP-worx Bass Source Filter/Decoder v184.108.40.206 x86.
- Haali Media Splitter/Decoder 220.127.116.11 x86 & x64 – For MP4, MKV, OGM and AVI files.
- LAV Splitter 0.76.1 x86 & x64.
- AviSynth+ r2772 Frame server x86 & x64.
- ReClock v18.104.22.168 x86.
- madVR Video Renderer v0.92.17 x86 & x64.
- xy-VSFilter v22.214.171.124 x86 & x64 – Subtitle Readers.
- CDXA Reader v1.7.13 x86 & x64 – Also known as Form 2 Mode 2 CD or XCD x86 & x64.
- Icaros 3.1.0 x86 & x64.
- Application Tuning – Changes the default settings for Media Player Classic, NVIDIA 3D Vision Player, and Stereoscopic Player.
Media Player Codec Pack / Plus v126.96.36.1999 System Requirements
- Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8.0, and 7 are fully supported.
- Windows XP is supported by the legacy build of the Standard pack.
- Windows Server 2022, 2019, and 2016 are fully supported. Note: Desktop Experience should be enabled.
How to Download and Install Media Player Codec Pack / Plus v188.8.131.529
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run media.player.codec.pack.v4.5.8.setup.exe and install the software.
- You now have the full version of Media Player Codec Pack / Plus v184.108.40.2069 installed on your PC.