About the software
LAV Filters – ffmpeg-based DirectShow Splitter and Decoders
LAV Filters are a set of DirectShow filters based on the libavformat and libavcodec libraries from the ffmpeg project, which will allow you to play virtually any format in a DirectShow player.
The filters are still under development, so not every feature is finished, or every format supported.
LAV Filters is an Open Source set DirectShow filters that allow you to play all popular video and audio formats without having to install any other codec pack or additional codec or filter.
The main features of LAV Filters are:
– play any file format (audio and video) using a DirectShow compliant player
– compatible with almost all multimedia packages (thanks to FFmpeg and integrated libraries that comes with)
– support for Blu-ray discs and other containers
– powerful decoders for most popular file formats (Matroska, MP4, AVI, AC3, AAC, TrueHD, FLV, MOV, etc.)
– support for deinterlacing, multi-threading, customizable hardware acceleration
– support for automatic multimedia (video and audio) synchronization
– support for AES encrypted HLS streams and advanced subtitle selection
– support for rtspu, rtspm, rtspt and rtsph URLs (for RTSP transport protocol)
LAV Filters v0.76.1 System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7
How to Download and Install LAV Filters v0.76.1
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run LAVFilters-0.76.1-Installer.exe and install the software
- You now have the full version of LAV Filters v0.76.1 installed on your PC.