About the software
McAfee Stinger is a standalone utility used to detect and remove specific viruses. It’s not a substitute for full antivirus protection but a specialized tool to assist administrators and users when dealing with infected systems. Details on new or enhanced signatures added with each Stinger build are listed in the Readme details.
Stinger now includes Real Protect, a real-time behavior detection technology that monitors suspicious activity on an endpoint. Real Protect leverages machine learning and automated behavioral-based classification in the cloud to detect zero-day malware in real-time.
The main features of McAfee Stinger are:
- Total Protection.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Mobile Security.
- Web Protection.
- Free Antivirus Trial.
- Device Security Scan.
- PC Optimizer.
- Techmaster Concierge.
McAfee Stinger v126.96.36.1995 System Requirements
- Windows 11
- Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Processor Pentium compatible processors with SSE2 support.
- Available hard drive space- About 500 MB
- macOS 12 (Monterey)
- macOS 11 (Big Sur)
- macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
- macOS 10.14 (Mojave)
- macOS 10.13 (High Sierra)
- macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
- Mac OS X 10.11
- Mac OS X 10.10
- Processor Apple computers with Intel processor
- Available hard drive space ~ 300 MB
How to Download and Install McAfee Stinger v188.8.131.525
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract it, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run the “stinger64.exe” and install the software
- You now have the full version of McAfee Stinger v184.108.40.2065 installed on your PC.