About the software
AVG Clear deletes all files associated with your AVG product, including registry items, installation files, and user files. Only use this if your AVG uninstall or repair has failed repeatedly.
If you are experiencing issues uninstalling AVG Internet Security or AVG AntiVirus FREE from Windows, we recommend first ensuring that you have correctly followed all the steps in the following article to uninstall your product:
If you continue to experience issues uninstalling your AVG product, try using the AVG Clear tool to remove all AVG AntiVirus files from your PC.
AVG Clear System Requirements
- Supported OS: Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7
- RAM (Memory): 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- Free Hard Disk Space: 200 MB or more
How to Download and Install AVG Clear
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Right-click the downloaded avgclear.exe setup file, and select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- If prompted for permission by the User Account Control dialog, click Yes.
- Click No when AVG Clear prompts you to restart Windows in Safe Mode.
- Ensure the relevant AVG application is selected in the drop-down menu. Leave the installation program directory and installation data directory unchanged, unless you changed the location
- where your AVG application files are saved. Then, click Uninstall.
- Click Restart computer to complete uninstallation.
- AVG is now fully uninstalled from your PC.