About the software
WinDirStat is a disk usage statistics viewer and cleanup tool for various versions of Microsoft Windows. Note: if you are looking for an alternative for Linux, you are looking for KDirStat (apt-get install kdirstat or apt-get install k4dirstat on Debian-derivatives) or QDirStat and for MacOS X it would be Disk Inventory X or GrandPerspective.
The main features of WinDirStat are:
- The directory list, which resembles the tree view of the Windows Explorer but is sorted by file/subtree size,
- The treemap, which shows the whole contents of the directory tree straight away,
- The extension list, which serves as a legend and shows statistics about the file types.
WinDirStat System Requirements
- Operating System: It is known to run on Windows 95 (IE5), Windows 98 SE, Windows ME, Windows NT4 (SP5), Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 and 8.1.
How to Download and Install WinDirStat
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run wds_current_setup.exe and install the software.
- You now have the full version of WinDirStat installed on your PC.