About the software
Hardentools is a collection of simple utilities designed to disable a number of “features” exposed by operating systems (Microsoft Windows, for now), and primary consumer applications. These features, commonly thought for Enterprise customers, are generally useless to regular users and rather pose as dangers as they are very commonly abused by attackers to execute malicious code on a victim’s computer. The intent of this tool is to simply reduce the attack surface by disabling the low-hanging fruit. Hardentools is intended for individuals at risk, who might want an extra level of security at the price of some usability. It is not intended for corporate environments.
Bear in mind, after running Hardentools you won’t be able, for example, to do complex calculations with Microsoft Office Excel or use the Command-line terminal, but those are pretty much the only considerable “downsides” of having a slightly safer Windows environment. Before deciding to use it, make sure you read this document thoroughly and understand that yes, something might break. In case you experience malfunctions as a result of the modifications implemented by this tool, please do let us know.
The main features of Hardentools are:
- Actions. Automate any workflow.
- Packages. Host and manage packages.
- Security. Find and fix vulnerabilities.
- Instant dev environments.
- Copilot. Write better code with AI.
- Manage code changes.
- Issues. Plan and track work.
- Discussions. Collaborate outside of code.
Hardentools v2.2 System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7
How to Download and Install Hardentools v2.2
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run hardentools.exe and install the software
- You now have the full version of Hardentools v2.2 installed on your PC.