About the software
It is no news for a computer tech that, when nothing else works, creating a new user account to replace a broken user profile can save us from fully reinstalling Windows.
Actually, it’s one of the things technicians do most, lately. Whether a user lost his password, MS Edge is not working, Windows Store apps are not working, Windows Explorer is not showing the Start screen or the notification area, or a user can not login, we usually end up using the same basic solution: Create a new user account and move the data from the old one.
But this process can be lengthy, especially if the user has many files to move to the new account, or the machine does not have a SSD. Not to mention that there are some folders that should not be be moved, or we may risk breaking the new user account profile as well. In the end, we also need to delete the old user account.
Account Profile Fixer can take care of the whole process for you. It creates a new user account with the exact same name, profile directory and privileges as the broken one, moves all the data and deletes the old user account. This means you just need to tell APF which account you want to fix, and it will do all the work for you. The process is completely automated; in the end you are automatically logged in to the new, repaired user account.
The main features of Account Profile Fixer are:
- Keep Windows store apps’s package data from the old account
- Keep Windows system appdata from the old account
- The user account repair operation
Account Profile Fixer v220.127.116.11 System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7
How to Download and Install Account Profile Fixer v18.104.22.168
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract it, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run the “AccountProfileFixer.exe” and it will automatically apply the fixes