About the software
WhatsApp Web and Desktop are computer-based extensions of the WhatsApp account on your phone. The messages you send and receive are synced between your phone and computer, and you can see your messages on both devices.
WhatsApp Desktop users have been using our web-based desktop app (WhatsApp Desktop) or our browser-based app (WhatsApp Web). As we’re always trying to improve the WhatsApp experience for our users, we’re developing apps native to Windows and Mac operating systems.
Message your friends and family for free*. WhatsApp uses your phone’s Internet connection to send messages so you can avoid SMS fees
Keep in touch with the groups of people that matter the most, like your family or coworkers. With group chats, you can share messages, photos, and videos with up to 256 people at once. You can also name your group, mute or customize notifications, and more.
The main features of WhatsApp for Windows are:
- Increased reliability and speed
- Designed and optimized for your desktop operating system
- Continue to receive notifications and messages even when your phone is offline
- Simple, Reliable Messaging
- Groups to keep in touch
- Keep the Conversation Going
- Speak Freely
- Security by Default
- Share Moments that Matter
WhatsApp for Windows v2.2228.14 System Requirements
- Windows 8.1 or newer
- macOS 10.11 or newer
How to Download and Install WhatsApp for Windows v2.2228.14
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract it, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run the “WhatsAppSetup.exe” and install the software
- You now have the full version of WhatsApp for Windows v2.2228.14 installed on your PC.