About the software
The by default highly questionable set options concerning privacy and data protection in Windows 10 brought me to the idea to develop this program. Microsoft generously enables everybody to change the concerning settings, but hides them in countless menus, where a normal user does not want to search for!
The program should therefore be a help, to display the available settings relatively clearly and to set the desired options if necessary.
The primary focus is on settings for Windows 10 and its apps (for example the new browser “Edge”). The program will be expanded gradually, if possible and available, with the corresponding Windows 8.1 features in the future.
W10Privacy is certainly no programming masterpiece, but meets my envisaged purpose. The software is still in an early development phase: suggestions and requests will be gladly accepted and considered, if necessary, in the further development!
Changes in v22.214.171.124:
– Integration of other deactivatable tasks that are related to the Office products. The tasks are only displayed in W10Privacy if they also exist on the system.
– Change of red color for restricted settings for better readability. Many thanks to Florin for the hint!
– Fix registry key to disable Windows 10 upgrades. Here a space had crept in the key name (“Windows Updates” instead of “Windows Updates”). Many thanks to Tricknik for the meaningful hint!
W10Privacy v126.96.36.199 System Requirements
- A computer running Windows 10
- 5MB of HDD
How to Download and Install W10Privacy v188.8.131.52
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run W10Privacy.exe and install the software
- You now have the full version of W10Privacy v184.108.40.206, without any limitations, installed on your computer.
This download is for W10Privacy v220.127.116.11