About the software
Subtitle Edit is a free (open source) editor for video subtitles – a subtitle editor 🙂
With SE you can easily adjust a subtitle if it is out of sync with the video in several different ways.
You can also use SE for making new subtitles from scratch (do use the timeline/waveform/spectrogram) or translating subtitles.
For a list of features see below or check out the Subtitle Edit Help page.
The main features of Subtitle Edit are:
- Create/adjust/sync/translate subtitle lines
- Convert between SubRib, MicroDVD, Advanced Sub Station Alpha, Sub Station Alpha, D-Cinema, SAMI, youtube sbv, and many more (300+ different formats!)
- Cool audio visualizer control – can display wave form and/or spectrogram
- Video player uses MPV, DirectShow, or VLC media player
- Visually sync/adjust a subtitle (start/end position and speed)
- Audio to text (speech recognition) via Vosk/Kaldi
- Auto Translation via Google translate
- Rip subtitles from a (decrypted) dvd
- Import and OCR VobSub sub/idx binary subtitles
- Import and OCR Blu-ray .sup files – bd sup reading is based on Java code from BDSup2Sub by 0xdeadbeef)
- Can open subtitles embedded inside Matroska files
- Can open subtitles (text, closed captions, VobSub) embedded inside mp4/mv4 files
- Can open/OCR XSub subtitles embedded inside divx/avi files
- Can open/OCR DVB and teletext subtitles embedded inside .ts/.m2ts (Transport Stream) files
- Can open/OCR Blu-ray subtitles embedded inside .m2ts (Transport Stream) files
- Can read and write both UTF-8 and other unicode files and ANSI (support for all languages/encodings on the pc!)
- Sync: Show texts earlier/later + point synchronization + synchronization via other subtitle
- Merge/split subtitles
- Adjust display time
- Fix common errors wizard
- Spell checking via Libre Office dictionaries (many dictionaries available)
- Remove text for hear impaired (HI)
- Effects: Typewriter and karaoke
- History/undo manager (Undo=Ctrl+z, Redo=Ctrl+y)
- Compare subtitles
- Multiple search and replace
- Change casing using names dictionary
- Merge short lines/split long lines
- Export to PNG images (+bdn xml), Adobe Encore FAB image script, VobSub, Blu-ray sup, EBU stl, PAC, and plain text
Subtitle Edit v3.6.7 System Requirements
- Windows 10, 8, 7 (either 32-bit or 64-bit)
- . NET Framework 4.0 or newer.
How to Download and Install Subtitle Edit v3.6.7
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract it, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run the “SubtitleEdit-3.6.7-Setup.exe” and install the software
- You now have the full version of Subtitle Edit v3.6.7 installed on your PC.