About the software
Stata/MP lets you analyze data in one-half to two-thirds the time compared with Stata/SE on inexpensive dual-core laptops and in one-quarter to one-half the time on quad-core desktops and laptops. Stata/MP runs even faster on multiprocessor servers. Stata/MP supports up to 64 cores/processors.
Speed is often most crucial when performing computationally intense estimation procedures. A few of Stata’s estimation procedures, including linear regression, are nearly perfectly parallelized, meaning they run twice as fast on two cores, four times as fast on four cores, eight times as fast on eight cores, and so on. Some estimation commands can be parallelized more than others. Taken at the median, estimation commands run 1.8 times faster on 2 cores, 2.9 times faster on 4 cores, and 4.1 times faster on 8 cores.
Speed can also be important when managing large datasets. Adding new variables is nearly 100 percent parallelized, and sorting is 61 percent parallelized.
Some procedures are not parallelized and some are inherently sequential, meaning they run the same speed in Stata/MP.
For a complete assessment of Stata/MP’s performance, including command-by-command statistics, see the Stata/MP Performance Report.
The main features of StataCorp Stata MP are:
- Bayesian econometrics
- Jupyter Notebooks
- Faster Stata
- Interval-censored Cox
- Multivariate meta-analysis
- Bayesian VAR, DSGE, and panel-data models
- Treatment-effects lasso
- Panel-data multinomial logit
- Zero-inflated logit
- Nonparametric trend tests
- Java integration
- H2O integration
- and more
StataCorp Stata MP v16.0 System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7
- You need at least 1 GB of RAM for Stata to run smoothly.
- Stata requires under 1 GB of drive space to install.
- Stata will run on any Novell or Windows 8/7/Vista/XP network.
How to Download and Install StataCorp Stata MP v16.0
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run SetupStata16.exe and install the software
- Copy StataMP-64.exe and STATA.LIC from the Fix folder into your installation directory, and replace the previous file
- You now have the full version of StataCorp Stata MP v16.0 installed on your PC.