About the software
GerbView™ is an advanced but easy-to-use application that enables you to view, print and convert Gerber, ODB++, Adobe PDF, Excellon, HPGL/2 and other formats.
GerbView supports both RS-274D and RS-274X Gerber formats, and you can use it to convert your older Gerber files to the new RS-274X extended format. The new extended Gerber format contains embedded aperture information and using this format will minimize the risk for errors during the manufacturing of the PCB.
With GerbView’s PDF to CAD capability you can convert your Adobe PDF files to Gerber or Autodesk DXF.
Gerbview will visualize your design, on the screen or in hardcopy. You no longer have to wait for a prototype circuit board to see your true design. Use the accurate measure and query tools to check apertures, tools, distances and more.
In GerbView you work with a workspace that can contain one or more files of the supported file formats. The workspace can be saved for later use. The saved workspace will link to your design files, so only need to reload the workspace file to see the whole design.
Markup elements like text, barcodes, arrows, lines, images, ellipses and polygons can be added to the workspace. All markup elements can be burned-in and become part of a Gerber layer. You can by using this feature easily add, for example, text or barcode images to a layer.
GerbView can convert your Gerber, HPGL/2 and Excellon files to Autodesk DXF, Autodesk DWF, Adobe PDF and other formats.
You can combine several different loaded layers and create a multi-layered PDF, DXF or DWF file.
If the formats supports it, you can also convert a selection of layers to a multi-page file, where each layer will be a separate page.
Please see the complete list of supported formats below for more information.
GerbView can rasterize single files, or whole workspaces, and save to one of the supported raster formats.
You may print scaled or in real size. All Windows based plotters and printers are supported. Poster mode, also known as tiled pages, can be used to print large designs and drawings on for example several smaller A4/Letter pages.
The main features of Software Companions GerbView are:
- View, print, markup and convert Gerber, Adobe PDF, Excellon, ODB++ and HPGL/2 (PLT).
- Convert your Gerber, Excellon, ODB++ and HPGL/2 files to Autodesk DXF, Adobe PDF and other formats.
- Convert from RS-274D to RS-274X, known as extended Gerber format.
- Convert your PDF files to Gerber RS-274X, HPGL/2 or DXF.
- Convert multiple Gerber files to a multi-layer PDF, DWF or DXF file. Read more about creating layered PDF files here.
- Convert ODB++ to a layered PDF, or to individual files using Extended Gerber (RS274-X), PDF, DXF, SVG or other formats.
- Gerber X2 file and pads attributes are supported.
- Add markups, also know as annotations, using text, images, QR-codes, barcodes, symbols, lines, polygons and other shapes.
- Use the markup burn-in feature to convert markup elements to native Gerber data.
- Compare Gerber layers and display differences.
- Delete a selection of items from a loaded Gerber file.
- Delete items based on aperture selection and usage.
- Replace Gerber apertures by usage or individual selection.
- Report aperture usage for one or all layers.
- Command line conversion and printing is included.
- Query entity information in Gerber, ODB++, HPGL/2 and Excellon files.
- Measure distances, areas and perimeters, with or without snapping to pads and tracks.
- Both metric and imperial units are supported.
- List and search for components in ODB++ files.
- Highlight selected apertures in Gerber and ODB++ files.
- Add files of different formats to a single workspace.
- No limit for number of files within a workspace (only limited by memory).
- Visibility, rotation, scaling, mirroring and position of all loaded files can be set individually.
- Copy a selection of the display to clipboard and paste into another Windows application.
- Use mouse-wheel for CAD style zooming and panning operations.
- User defined header and footer for printing.
- Color or Black & White Printing.
- Scaled print or fit to paper.
- Full print preview.
- Poster mode for printing big format drawings on e.g. multiple A4 pages.
- Print to all Windows supported plotter and printer devices.
- Convert the whole workspace or single files to raster format. Supported formats include:
TIFF, CALS, Adobe PDF, Windows BMP, PNG and JPEG.
- Customizable user interface with theme selection.
Software Companions GerbView v10.10 System Requirements
- Windows XP SP 3 32 bit
- Windows Vista, 32 and 64 bit
- Windows 7, 32 and 64 bit
- Windows 8, 32 and 64 bit
- Windows 8.1, 32 and 64 bit
- Windows 10, 32 and 64 bit
- Windows 11
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2022
- Supports Terminal Server and Citrix.
How to Download and Install Software Companions GerbView v10.10
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run gv10x64.exe and install the software
- Open Keygen.rar and run keygen.exe. Use the key generated when asked in your setup.
- When asked for a key, use the keys found in key.txt
- You now have the full version of Software Companions GerbView v10.10 installed on your PC.