About the software
SketchUp is a 3D modeling computer program for a wide range of drawing applications such as architectural, interior design, landscape architecture, civil and mechanical engineering, film and video game design. It is available as a web-based application, SketchUp Free, and a paid version with additional functionality, SketchUp Pro. Previously, a freeware version, SketchUp Make, was also available.
What’s New in SketchUp and LayOut 2021.0?
We’re rounding out SketchUp’s twentieth trip around the sun with several new features, improvements, and important changes. As always, we look forward to your feedback, and another decade of improving SketchUp.
Here’s what’s new…
New logo icons for SketchUp and its application suite
The red SketchUp logo served us well since 2012. (Do you remember the logo before then?) We’re moving forward with new marks for SketchUp and its application suite. This means new application icons for SketchUp, LayOut, 3D Warehouse, Extension Warehouse, and Style Builder, as well as a few modified toolbar icons. These new marks align SketchUp to the broader portfolio of Trimble products and… they can be modeled in SketchUp!
We expect that it will take time for people to adjust to the new logos for our products. But we’re certainly optimistic you’ll start to see SketchUp in these new marks, and that they will feel ‘at home’ over time.
We are still keen to make it easier for people who maintain models using large and complex lists of tags and scenes. In this release, you can organize multiple tags into Tag Folders and control the visibility of folders per scene. Additionally, folders can expand and collapse, making it easier to scan your tag structure and find the tags you need.
To create tag folders:
- Select multiple tags in an existing model and click the Add Tag Folder button to group them in a tag folder.
- Or, click the Add Tag Folder button and assign a name to a new tag folder. Then select multiple tags, and drag/drop them into a folder. We hope you’ll try out tag folders with some existing models and also by creating tag hierarchies from scratch.
Tag Folders are also available in LayOut, where the tag tree hierarchy and visibility control is available in LayOut’s Tags panel. Of course, scenes remember the visibility of your tags and tag folders across SketchUp and LayOut. And to accommodate models with deeper hierarchies or long tag lists, you can now control the width and height of LayOut’s Tags panel.
SketchUp Pro 2021 System Requirements
- 1 GHz processor.
- 4GB RAM.
- 500MB of free hard-disk space.
- 3D class video card with 512 MB of memory or higher and support for hardware acceleration. Please ensure that the video card driver supports OpenGL 3.1 or higher and is up to date.
How to Download and Install SketchUp Pro 2021
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Install SketchUp Pro 2021 v21.x
- Copy patch to installation directory (not recommended)
- Open patch as admin, apply it and wait atleast 7 sec.the “Software Files” folder into the SketchUp Pro 2021 installation directory
- You now have the full version of SketchUp Pro 2021, without any limitations, installed on your computer.
This download is for SketchUp Pro 2021 v21.1.299