About the software
Serviio is a free media server. It allows you to stream your media files (music, video or images) to renderer devices (e.g. a TV set, Bluray player, games console or mobile phone) on your connected home network.
There is also a paid for Pro edition which further enhances the possibilities of sharing content in your connected household.
Serviio works with many devices from your connected home (TV, Playstation 3, XBox 360, smart phones, tablets, etc.). It supports profiles for particular devices so that it can be tuned to maximise the device’s potential and/or minimize lack of media format playback support (via transcoding).
Serviio is based on Java technology and therefore runs on most platforms, including Windows, Mac and Linux (incl. embedded systems, e.g. NAS).
The main features of Serviio Pro are:
- streams audio, video (SD & HD) and image files in their native format or transcoded in real-time
- streams content from online sources, like RSS feeds, live audio/video streams, web page content
- includes a plugin system to support streaming from non-trivial online sources
- supports most known playlist formats
- supports subtitles
- automatically updates the media library when you add/update/remove a media file or a metadata file
- supports RAW camera images
- wide array of localized library browsing options
- supports different editable renderer profiles
- supports automatic renderer detection and per-IP profile assignment
- extracts metadata of your media files the way you want it, incl. embedded metadata tags, local metadata files, online metadata sources (in preferred language), XBMC, Swisscenter, MyMovies
- supports video thumbnails, CD covers, DVD posters, etc.
- categorizes video files into movie and/or series and marks last viewed episodes of a series
- integrates with trakt.tv
- Alexa skill available
- available for Windows, Linux, Mac and several NAS platforms
Serviio Pro v2.3 System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7
- 512 MB of memory or more
- 150 MB of disk space (plus additional space for storing the media library), when using transcoding make sure there is at least 1GB free (depending on the original file size)
- if on Linux, Java 8 must be installed. Windows and OSX come with Java runtime aready included in the installation.
How to Download and Install Serviio Pro v2.3
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run serviio-2.3-win-setup.exe and install the software
- Copy serviio.jar from the crack folder into your installation directory, and replace the previous file
- You now have the full version of Serviio Pro v2.3 installed on your PC.