About the software
Registry Finder allows you to browse the local registry; create, delete, rename keys and values; modify values as its natural data type (string, multistring, DWORD) or as a binary data. It is allowed to open multiple Registry windows. Next time you start Registry Finder, those windows will be reopened on the same keys as before.
The Find operation is efficient and quick. All found items are displayed in a separate window as a list. Each line represents a single match with the search criteria. The icon shows where the match occurred: key name, value name or value data. Matched text is highlighted with red.
You can jump to any found item in the Registry window or edit/delete items right in the Find Results window.
Items in the Find Results window can be saved to file in .reg or .txt format. In latter case, items are separated by tabulator. It allows easy data importing and analyzing in other programs, such as Microsoft Excel.
With the Replace feature you can easily replace all or particular occurrences of one string with another. The replacement is performed only in items that are in the Find Results window. In the Replace dialog you specify either all items or just selected ones. After replacement is done, items in the window are updated. If some item do not match the search criteria any more it still remains in the list.
All operations that alter the registry including deletion and replacement can be undone and redone. The operations are listed in the History window. To open it, click View|History in the main menu. The last performed operation is marked with a yellow arrow.
The main features of Registry Finder are:
- Cut/Copy/Paste keys and/or values.
- Undo and redo registry modifications (except changing permissions).
- Multiple local and remote registry windows.
- Fast, non blocking search.
- Whole search results are displayed in a list.
- Multiple search results window.
- Ability to search within previous search results narrowing down your search scope.
- Ability to search for hidden keys.
Registry Finder v2.56 System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
How to Download and Install Registry Finder v2.56
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run RegistryFinderSetup2.56.exe and install the software.
- You now have the full version of Registry Finder v2.56 installed on your PC.