About the software
RawTherapee is a powerful, cross-platform raw photo processing system, released as Free Software (GPLv3). It is designed for developing raw files from a broad range of digital cameras and targeted at users ranging from enthusiast newcomers who wish to broaden their understanding of how digital imaging works to professional photographers.
RawTherapee provides a powerful suite of tools for you to produce amazing photos and showcase your creativity.
RawTherapee benefits users who take the time to learn what it can do. Luckily the community is quite welcoming and helpful! Check out the Forum, read up on RawPedia, and ask questions – there’s always something neat to learn! 🙂
RawTherapee gives you best-in-class demosaicing, including using two demosaicing algorithms on the same image, compositing pixel-shift raw files with automatic ghost masking, working with multiple-frame raw files, dark frame subtraction, flat field correction, and hot/dead pixel correction!
The main features of RawTherapee are:
- Open-source, cross-platform.
- Easy camera-like starting point. By default, RawTherapee matches your raw photo to look like the out-of-camera JPEG photo. You can export as-is, or make further tweaks.
- RawTherapee uses SSE optimizations for better performance on modern CPUs, and performs calculations in floating point precision.
- Color management using the LittleCMS color management system.
- Supports DCP and ICC color profiles.
- Supports most raw formats, as well as floating-point HDR images in the DNG format. Also supports JPEG, TIFF and PNG.
- Support for film negatives and monochrome cameras.
- Queue your photos for later exporting, freeing up your CPU for working with the preview in a responsive way.
- Rate photos using a 0-5 star system (ratings are read from embedded Exif and XMP), tag them by color, filter by filename and metadata.
- Scroll the tool panels using your mouse scroll wheel without worrying about accidentally misadjusting any tools, or hold the Shift key while using the mouse scroll wheel to manipulate the adjuster the cursor is hovering over.
- Efficient use of vertical screen space by right-clicking on a tool to expand it while automatically collapsing all other tools.
- A Before|After view to compare your latest change to any previous one.
- Lossless editing – all adjustments are stored in PP3 sidecar files.
- Dedicated command line support to automate RawTherapee using scripts or call it from other programs.
- Preserve, edit or strip metadata from exported images.
- Localized in over 15 languages.
- Adaptation of the CIECAM02 color appearance model ratified by the International Commission on Illumination (CIE) to maintain accurate colors and to, given a set of initial viewing condition parameters, convert the image so that it will look the same under the target viewing conditions.
- Profiled lens correction (vignetting, distortion, chromatic aberration) using Lensfun or Adobe Lens Correction Profiles (LCP).
- Dark frame subtraction and flat field correction to eliminate some forms of noise and sensor dust and correct vignetting and lens color casts.
RawTherapee v5.8 System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows 7/8/10
How to Download and Install RawTherapee v5.8
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract it, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run the “RawTherapee_5.8.exe” and install the software
- You now have the full version of RawTherapee v5.8 installed on your PC.