About the software
Smasher is an unprecedented custom modification of the classic Urei 1176 compressor circuit, a unique formula that we stumbled upon while fine-tuning other algorithms.
The original 1176 compressor hardware offered a selection of four ratios, but studio engineers soon discovered that pressing them all at once led to a distorted, explosive and highly compressed sound. It’s this “All buttons in” or “British” mode that Smasher was painstakingly designed to recreate.
While remaining very close to the original circuitry, the modifications we’ve built into Smasher will add definition to transients and make your tone more aggressive. We love using it to enhance the ambience in drum busses, but there are many more creative uses too. Smasher won’t work on every single track, but where it does, it works magic.
Smasher excels at raw and gritty sounds, calling to mind bands like Vulfpeck, The Whitefield Brothers and The Black Keys.
The main features of the Pulsar Audio Smasher are:
- Topology Preservation Technology
- Low CPU consumption
- Parallel compression
- Linked sidechain
Pulsar Audio Smasher v1.0.3 System Requirements
- Windows 7 SP1 or later
- macOS X 10.8 or later
How to Download and Install Pulsar Audio Smasher v1.0.3
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract it, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run the “Setup Smasher v1.0.3.exe” and install the software
- You now have the full version of Pulsar Audio Smasher v1.0.3 installed on your PC.