About the software
PeaZip is a free file archiver utility, based on Open Source technologies of 7-Zip / p7zip archiver, Facebook Zstandard fast compressor, FreeArc, Google Brotli fast compressor, PAQ family of compressors, secure file archiving and encryption PEA project, and other Free Software file compression tools.
Cross-platform (Linux, macOS, Windows), full-featured but user-friendly alternative to WinRar, WinZip and similar general purpose archive manager applications, open and extract 200+ archive formats: 001, 7Z, ACE(*), ARC, ARJ, BR, BZ2, CAB, DMG, GZ, ISO, LHA, PAQ, PEA, RAR(**), TAR, UDF, WIM, XZ, ZIP, ZIPX, ZST. View full list of supported archive file formats for archiving / compression, and for extraction.
As archive manager utility, PeaZip provides fast, high compression ratio multi-format archiving to 7Z, ARC, Brotli, BZ2, GZ, PEA, TAR, WIM, Zstandard and ZIP archives (write supported formats), and works as opener / extractor tool for 200+ archive types including ACE, ISO, RAR, ZIPX files, including ability to manage encrypted archives for supported formats.
This software deploys a powerful and complete file manager for editing, viewing, browsing and searching archive files, featuring a wide set of data security functions: strong encryption (AES, Twofish, Serpent), encrypted password manager, optional two-factor authentication (encryption / decryption with password and keyfile), secure delete, and file hashing tools, easily export tasks defined in the GUI to create command line scripts.
For more information about archive creation and extraction performances compared with other popular file archivers tools, read file compression and decompression PeaZip benchmarks page.
The main features of PeaZip are:
- Open Source, released under LGPLv3 license which allows to easily integrate it in any licensing environment
- Cross-platform and cross-architecture, same full featured GUI application on Linux, macOS, and Windows, providing full featured file manager and archive manager on all platforms, also available as portable application
- Supports over 200 archive formats, ranging from very powerful compressors like 7Z and ZPAQ, to extremely fast compressors like Brotli and Zstandard, with option to easily convert archives
- Supports strong encryption, optionally two factor authentication and authenticated encryption
- Can easily export tasks defined in the GUI as command line scripts
PeaZip v8.9.0 System Requirements
- 32-bit and 64-bit Windows (9x, NT/2K/XP, Vista/7/8/10, ReactOS, Wine),
- Linux or BSD x86 and x86-64 (desktop-neutral application, supports Gnome, KDE and other desktop environments).
How to Download and Install PeaZip v8.9.0
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract it, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run the “peazip-8.9.0.WIN64.exe” and install the software
- You now have the full version of PeaZip v8.9.0 (x64) installed on your PC.