About the software
MKVToolNix is a collection of tools for the Matroska media container format by Moritz Bunkus, including mkvmerge. The free and open-source Matroska libraries and tools are available for various platforms, including Linux and BSD distributions, macOS and Microsoft Windows.
The main features of MKVToolNix are:
- MKVToolNix GUI is a Qt GUI for mkvmerge and a successor of mmg.
- mkvmerge merges multimedia streams into a Matroska file.
- mkvinfo lists all elements contained in a Matroska file.
- mkvextract extracts specific parts from a Matroska file to other formats.
- mkvpropedit allows to analyze and modify some Matroska file properties.
MKVToolNix v73.0.0 System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7
How to Download and Install MKVToolNix v73.0.0
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run mkvtoolnix-64-bit-73.0.0-setup.exe and install the software
- You now have the full version of MKVToolNix v73.0.0 (x64) installed on your PC.