This article shows you how to download and install the full version of Microsoft Safety Scanner v1.371.16.0 for free on PC. Follow the direct download link and instructions below for guidance on installing Microsoft Safety Scanner v1.371.16.0 on your computer.
About the software
Microsoft Safety Scanner is a scan tool designed to find and remove malware from Windows computers. Simply download it and run a scan to find malware and try to reverse changes made by identified threats.
The main features of Microsoft Safety Scanner are:
- The security intelligence update version of the Microsoft Safety Scanner matches the version.
- Safety Scanner only scans when manually triggered and is available for use 10 days after being downloaded. We recommend that you always download the latest version of this tool before each scan.
- The safety scanner is a portable executable and does not appear in the Windows Start menu or as an icon on the desktop. Note where you saved this download.
- This tool does not replace your antimalware product. For real-time protection with automatic updates, use Microsoft Defender Antivirus on Windows 11, Windows 10, and Windows 8 or Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows 7. These antimalware products also provide powerful malware removal capabilities. If you are having difficulties removing malware with these products, you can refer to our help in removing difficult threats.
Microsoft Safety Scanner v1.371.16.0 System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 10 Tech Preview, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2019, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server Tech Preview, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2008.
How to Download and Install Microsoft Safety Scanner v1.371.16.0
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract it, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run the “MSERT.exe” and install the software
- You now have the full version of Microsoft Safety Scanner v1.371.16.0 installed on your PC.