TIP: Don’t want to pay for Netflix? Watch movies and TV shows for free on Topflix.se
About the software
Microsoft Office 2016 (codename Office 16) is a version of Microsoft Office personal productivity software, and the successor of Office 2013. It was officially released on September 22, 2015. In May 2015, the preview release for Windows was announced at the Ignite conference in Chicago, available in beta trial, only to users registered for Office 365. Some new features of Office 2016 included the ability to create, open, edit and save files located in the cloud directly from your desktop, a new search tool, called “Tell Me”, which uses new intelligent commands, available for Word, PowerPoint and Excel, and the ability to write in real time together with other users connected to Office Online. This is an essential feature for collaboration with team members across different locations and even countires.
Other minor features include Insights, a tool integrated with Bing to obtain information contextualised by the web, new types of Excel charts (such as treemaps, pie charts, cascade charts, box-plots and histograms), and a data loss prevention (DLP) tool, available for Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The graphical interface of Office 2016 remained almost unchanged compared to the previous version, Office 2013. Office 2016 inherits the same Microsoft graphics language that was used in Office 2013 – it is based on a flat graphic interface, albeit with minor changes to the layout to conform to the mobile version of the suite.
Microsoft Office 2016 System Requirements
- 1 GHz processor
- 2GB RAM
- 3 GB of available disk space; better to have some extra space for temp files
- Screen resolution of a minimum 1280 x 800
- Windows 7 SP1 or above operating system; Works best on latest operating system according to Microsoft
- The browsers used should be the latest versions or the versions immediately preceding the latest versions
- At least .Net 3.5; preferred 4.5 LCR
- A Microsoft account (that naturally has a OneDrive account attached to it).
How to Download and Install Microsoft Office 2016
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Before continuing, make sure you have uninstalled and removed all files related to Microsoft Office 2013, 2016 or later.
- Open the “Software Files” and run “Install.exe”. On this window, you can choose if you want x86 or x64 versions, Office ProPlus or Office Standards, the language you want and which Office tools you would like to download.
- Select “Install Office” and then select “Ok”. Wait for Office 2016 to finish installing.
- Once it is finished, go to the “Utilities” tab and then select “Word”. When they ask you to activate just click exit and then exit out of Microsoft Word.
- Next, in the utilities tab select Office RETAIL => VL. Once it finishes (it will say “Completed”) select “Activate Office”.
- Once you get the “ACTIVATION SUCCESSFUL” message you’re finished!
- You now have the full version of Microsoft Office 2016, without any limitations, installed on your computer.