About the software
The ASP.NET Core Runtime enables you to run existing web/server applications. On Windows, we recommend installing the Hosting Bundle, which includes the .NET Runtime and IIS support.
The .NET Desktop Runtime enables you to run existing Windows desktop applications. This release includes the .NET Runtime; you don’t need to install it separately.
The .NET Runtime contains just the components needed to run a console app. Typically, you’d also install either the ASP.NET Core Runtime or .NET Desktop Runtime.
The main features of Microsoft .NET Desktop Runtime are:
- .NET Runtime 6.0.7
- ASP.NET Core Runtime 6.0.7
- .NET Desktop Runtime 6.0.7
- Language support- C# 10.0, F# 6.0
- Visual Basic 16.9
Microsoft .NET Desktop Runtime v18.104.22.168422 System Requirements
- Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7
- Processor 1 GHz
- RAM 512 MB
- Minimum disk space (32-bit) 4.5 GB
- Minimum disk space (64-bit) 4.5 GB
How to Download and Install Microsoft .NET Desktop Runtime v22.214.171.124422
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract it, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run the “windowsdesktop-runtime-6.0.7-win-x64.exe” and install the software
- You now have the full version of Microsoft .NET Desktop Runtime v126.96.36.199422 (x64) installed on your PC.