About the software
LibreOffice is a powerful and free office suite, a successor to OpenOffice(.org), used by millions of people around the world. Its clean interface and feature-rich tools help you unleash your creativity and enhance your productivity. LibreOffice includes several applications that make it the most versatile Free and Open Source office suite on the market: Writer (word processing), Calc (spreadsheets), Impress (presentations), Draw (vector graphics and flowcharts), Base (databases), and Math (formula editing).
Your documents will look professional and clean, regardless of their purpose: a letter, a master thesis, a brochure, financial reports, marketing presentations, technical drawings and diagrams. LibreOffice makes your work look great while you focus on the content, thanks to its powerful styles system and structuring tools.
LibreOffice is compatible with a wide range of document formats such as Microsoft® Word (.doc, .docx), Excel (.xls, .xlsx), PowerPoint (.ppt, .pptx) and Publisher. But LibreOffice goes much further with its native support for a modern and open standard, the Open Document Format (ODF). With LibreOffice, you have maximum control over your data and content – and you can export your work in many different formats including PDF.
The main features of LibreOffice are:
- Bigger spreadsheets, better presentations
- 16,384 columns in Calc
- Better change tracking in Writer
- Document themes in presentations
- And much more
LibreOffice v7.4.0 System Requirements
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 with KB3063858 update, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012 through 2022, Windows 10 or 11 (LibreOffice is fully supported on Windows 11)
- Pentium-compatible PC (Pentium III, Athlon or more-recent system recommended)
- 256 MB RAM (512 MB RAM recommended)
- Up to 1.5 GB of available hard disk space
- 1024×768 resolution (higher resolution recommended), with at least 256 colors
- macOS 10.12 or newer
- Intel or Apple silicon processor (via Rosetta – native Apple silicon support is being developed)
- 512 MB RAM
- Up to 800 MB of available hard disk space
- 1024×768 graphic device with 256 colors (higher resolution recommended)
How to Download and Install LibreOffice v7.4.0
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract it, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run the “LibreOffice_7.4.0_Win_x64.msi” and install the software
- You now have the full version of LibreOffice v7.4.0 (x64) installed on your PC.