About the software
This program can configure Windows built-in security to harden the system. When you close Hard_Configurator it closes all its processes. The real-time protection comes from the reconfigured Windows settings. Hard_Configurator can be seen as a Medium Integrity Level smart default-deny setup, which is based on SRP + Application Reputation Service (forced SmartScreen) + Windows hardening settings (restricting vulnerable features).
The main features of the Hard Configurator are:
- Enabling Software Restriction Policies (SRP) in Windows Home editions.
- Changing SRP Security Levels, Enforcement options, and Designated File Types.
- Whitelisting files in SRP by path (also with wildcards) and by hash.
- Blocking the vulnerable system executables via SRP.
- Protecting (deny execution) writable subfolders in “C:\Windows” folder (via SRP).
- Restricting shortcut execution to some folders only (via SRP).
- Enabling Windows Defender advanced settings, like PUA protection, ASR rules, Network Protection etc.
- Blocking outbound connections of many LOLBins and user applications.
- Filtering Windows Event Log for blocked outbound connections.
- Protecting against weaponized documents, when MS Office and Adobe Acrobat Reader XI/DC are used to open them.
- Disabling PowerShell script execution (Windows 7+).
- Securing PowerShell by Constrained Language mode (SRP, PowerShell 5.0+)
- Disabling execution of scripts managed by Windows Script Host.
- Removing “Run as administrator” option from the Explorer right-click context menu.
- Forcing SmartScreen check for files without ‘Mark Of The Web’ (Windows 8+).
- Disabling Remote Desktop, Remote Assistance, Remote Shell, and Remote Registry.
- Disabling execution of 16-bit applications.
- Securing Shell Extensions.
- Disabling SMB protocols.
- Disabling program elevation on Standard User Account.
- Disabling Cached Logons.
- Filtering Windows Event Log for blocked file execution events (Nirsoft FullEventLogView).
- Filtering autoruns from the User Space, and script autoruns from anywhere (Sysinternals Autorunsc).
- Turning ON/OFF all the above restrictions.
- Restoring Windows Defaults.
- Making System Restore Point.
- Using predefined setting profiles for Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
- Saving the chosen restrictions as a profile, and restoring when needed.
- Backup management for Profile Base (whitelist profiles and setting profiles).
- Changing GUI skin.
- Updating application.
- Uninstalling application (Windows defaults restored).
Hard Configurator v220.127.116.11 System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7
How to Download and Install Hard Configurator v18.104.22.168
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract it, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run the “Hard_Configurator_setup_22.214.171.124.exe” and install the software
- You now have the full version of Hard Configurator v126.96.36.199 installed on your PC.