About the software
GnuCash is personal and small-business financial accounting software, freely licensed under the GNU GPL and available for GNU/Linux, BSD, Solaris, Mac OS X, and Microsoft Windows.
Designed to be easy to use, yet powerful and flexible, GnuCash allows you to track bank accounts, stocks, income and expenses. As quick and intuitive to use as a checkbook register, it is based on professional accounting principles to ensure balanced books and accurate reports.
GnuCash is developed, maintained, documented, and translated entirely by volunteers. Want to help out? We have some suggestions. Please help translate GnuCash into your language at Weblate.
The main features of GnuCash are:
- Double-Entry Accounting
- Stock/Bond/Mutual Fund Accounts
- Small-Business Accounting
- Reports, Graphs
- QIF/OFX/HBCI Import, Transaction Matching
- Scheduled Transactions
- Financial Calculations
GnuCash v4.9 System Requirements
- Microsoft Windows 8/10/11
- Apple macOS ≥ 10.13—”High Sierra”
How to Download and Install GnuCash v4.9
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract it, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run the “gnucash-4.9.setup.exe” and install the software.
- You now have the full version of GnuCash v4.9 installed on your PC.