Highlighting text is a great way to help your audience identify the main points you’re trying to make during a presentation. This guide will show you how to highlight text in PowerPoint.
Highlighting Text in PowerPoint
PowerPoint 2019 introduced a text highlighter tool, providing an efficient way to highlight text in your slides. However, this tool is not available in previous versions of PowerPoint.
- Select the text you want to highlight on your slide.
- In the top menu, go to the Home tab. Then, select the Text Highlight Color icon.
- A color gallery will be displayed. Choose your preferred color.Click a color to apply the highlighting effect.
- Here is the final appearance of the highlighted text.
Using the highlighter tool more effectively
You may have several key points you need to be highlighted. Here is a quick way to do it:
- Ensure that no text is selected on the slide. Then click the Text Highlight Color icon.
- When hovered over text, the cursor changes to a pen highlighter. Select any text on the slide, and PowerPoint will highlight it with the chosen color.
- When finished highlighting, turn off the Highlighter by pressing ESC on your keyboard.
How to remove highlighting from text in Powerpoint
- Select the Home tab. Then, select the Text Highlight Color tool. Instead of choosing a color like before, this time select No Color.
- Click and drag the cursor over any highlighted text to remove the highlighting effect.
- Press ESC on your keyboard when done.