When editing a PowerPoint presentation, you must add, delete, and reorganize your slides. Knowing how to organize your slides is an essential skill to have. This guide shows you how to add, remove, and re-arrange slides in all versions of PowerPoint.
Table of contents
Adding new slides
- Make sure you’re on the Home tab. Then, click New Slide.
- You will be presented with different layouts of how you want your slide to look. Click a layout option to add the slide to your presentation.
Duplicating a slide
You may want to duplicate a slide to avoid retyping content and save time when making minor changes.
- Select the slide you want to duplicate on the slides panel on the left.
- While on the Home tab, select the New Slide dropdown and click Duplicate Selected Slides.
- A copy of the selected slide will appear below the selected slide.
Deleting a slide
On the slides section, right-click on a slide thumbnail and select Delete Slide in the dropdown list.
Alternatively, select a slide, then press DEL on your keyboard.
Organizing your slides
To arrange your PowerPoint slides, go to the slides section and drag a slide up or down to its new location.