About the software
Transient shaping has become a vital technique in music mixing. The abilities to sharpen or soften the onset of a sound and to lengthen or shorten the decay have been very useful for giving each sound just the right size and position in the mix.
Transient Shaper takes this concept one step further, by letting the user affect either the entire frequency range — which is what most similar tools do — or the treble frequencies or bass frequencies individually.
Use Transient Shaper on drum overheads, turn up the Sustain knob and set its frequency control to Wide. This will simultaneously stretch out the room sound and cymbals, as well as give you more sustain and boom to the toms. But let’s say you don’t want boomier toms. Then you set the Sustain knob’s frequency control switch to Hi, in which case the Sustain processing only affects the high frequencies, i.e. the cymbals and room, but leaves the toms just the way they are. Set the switch to Lo, and hear how you now only get boom from the toms, but the room sound and cymbals stay unaffected.
The main features of Softube Transient Shaper are:
- Dual band transient processing tool
- Add or reduce punch and/or sustain from any sound
- Affect the whole frequency spectrum, only the high frequencies, or only the low frequencies
Softube Transient Shaper v2.5.10 System Requirements
- Windows 10 (64-bit), Windows 11
- Softube account
- iLok account
- Computer with AU, VST, VST3 and/or AAX compatible DAW host software
- Internet access (for downloading installers and managing licenses)
How to Download and Install Softube Transient Shaper v2.5.10
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run Setup Transient Shaper v2.5.10.exe and install the software.
- You now have the full version of Softube Transient Shaper v2.5.10 installed on your PC.