About the software
Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) helps keep Windows computers free from prevalent malware. MSRT finds and removes threats and reverses the changes made by these threats. MSRT is generally released monthly as part of Windows Update or as a standalone tool available here for download.
Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool (v5.98) System Requirements
- Supported Operating System: Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2016, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, Windows Server Tech Preview , Windows 8.1, Windows 10 Tech Preview
How to Download and Install Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool (v5.98)
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run “Windows-KB890830-V5.98.exe” or “Windows-KB890830-x64-V5.98.exe” and install the software
- You now have the full version of Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool (v5.98), without any limitations, installed on your computer.