About the software
Morphine is an Additive Synthesizer with quite a few ‘twists’. Additive synthesis creates sound entirely from sine wave harmonics and at first this may seem like a major limitation. However, Fourier Theory teaches us that any waveform can be decomposed into an infinite series of sine-waves, a harmonic series. That means Morphine can still create all your Subtractive Synthesis favorites: Square, Saw and Sine waves. It gets better, Morphine can also reproduce the complexity found in real sounds by smoothly interpolating a series of these harmonic ‘snapshots’, in real-time, to generate what is best described as ‘synthetic samples’. In this way, programming Morphine will feel familiar to anyone who has used a Sampler, with the ability to assign sounds across the keyboard and to create crossfades, stacks or blends of any sound/s as desired; welcome to Morphine!
The main features of Image-Line Morphine are:
- 4 Independent Generators – Generators are a complete set of Keyboard Zones (independent sounds mapped across the Keyboard). Each Keyboard Zone holds a unique Spectrum (a synthesized sound of any length).
- Unlimited Keyboard Zones Per-Generator – Every MIDI key can be programmed to hold a unique Spectrum.
- Spectra – Similar to a ‘synthetic’ sample. Spectra can be resynthesized from any sample or manually programmed.
- Resynthesis – Automatically transforms a sample into a Spectrum. That is, a series of harmonic snapshots (called Breakpoints) and puts these under complete user control.
- Breakpoints – A Breakpoint is a harmonic ‘snapshot’ at a given moment in time. The Spectrum interpolates a series of Breakpoints to re/create any sound.
- Noise Generator – The Noise Generator is a specialized extra voice designed primarily for injecting untuned noises into the final patch. This can improve the accuracy and realism of sounds.
- Morph / Mix – The 4 Generators can be Morphed / Mixed with a user specified envelope. The Morph/Mix envelope can be time or tempo based.
- Effects – Portamento, Distortion, Chorus, Stereo Delay, Reverb and 8-Band Graphic Equalization are available simultaneously.
Image-Line Morphine v1.6.9 System Requirements
- OS: Window XP, OSX 10.4 (Tiger) or higher.
- CPU: Intel Pentium III compatible with SSE1/2 support, G4 PowerPC on Macintosh with full Altivec support. Recommended CPU speed is 2 GHz or higher.
- RAM: Recommended 512 Mb or higher.
How to Download and Install Image-Line Morphine v1.6.9
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Run Setup Morphine v1.6.9.exe and install the software.
- Run Keygen.exe from the Keygen folder to generate a key.
- You now have the full version of Image-Line Morphine v1.6.9 installed on your PC.