About the software
Ansys Motor-CAD is a dedicated electric machine design tool for fast multiphysics simulation across the full torque-speed operating range.
Motor-CAD enables design engineers to evaluate motor topologies and concepts across the full operating range, to produce designs that are optimized for performance, efficiency and size. Motor-CAD software’s four integrated modules—EMag, Therm, Lab, Mech—enable multiphysics calculations to be performed quickly and iteratively, so users can get from concept to final design in less time.
Fast calculations and streamlined data input processes leave time for Motor-CAD users to explore more motor topologies and fully assess the impact of advanced loss effects in the initial stages of an electromechanical design.
The main features of ANSYS Motor-CAD 2023 are:
- Intuitive, Template-Based Set Up
- Full Operating Range Design
- Built-in EM, Thermal and Mechanical Solvers
- Thermal Sizing of Machines
- Template-based magnetic topologies
- 2D FEA coupled with analytical solution
- DXF and scriptable geometries
- CFD, FEA and empirical correlations
- Template-based cooling topologies
- Temperature-dependent Duty-Cycle
- Multi-slice skew
- Efficiency and loss maps calculations
ANSYS Motor-CAD 2023 vR1.1 System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7
- 64-bit Intel or AMD system, running Windows 10.
- 8 GB RAM
- A dedicated graphics card with latest drivers and at least 1GB video RAM, capable of supporting OpenGL 4.5 and DirectX 11, or higher. Use of integrated graphics (e.g. Intel HD/IRIS) is not recommended and is not support by the Analyze stage in Discovery. See below for special graphics requirements for ANSYS Discovery Live.
- 3 button mouse
How to Download and Install ANSYS Motor-CAD 2023 vR1.1
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Right-click on the ANSYS.2023.R1.License.Manager.Win64.iso and choose mount from the menu. This will open the file much like a DVD. You will see it listed among your drive letters in Windows explorer. Browse to the location of the setup file and double-click it to start your installation.
- Run Setup.exe and install the software.
- Run ANSYS_Motor-CAD_Setup_2023_1_1.exe and install the software.
- You now have the full version of ANSYS Motor-CAD 2023 vR1.1 (x64) installed on your PC.